Monday, May 19, 2014

Gender and Geography: by Jennifer McKenney, San Francisco State University

For this project I chose choose eight gender topics to define, and four countries to compare, by creating infographics of demographic data. I chose Afghanistan, The United States, Mexico, and Australia, as my intention was to include countries that varied significantly in their geographic location, and to strive for an equal balance between less developed and more developed nations. I included the United States in this mix in order to compare the familiarity of my home country with other nations throughout the world.

I referenced assigned class literature, and demographic data from both the CIA World Factbook and The World Health Organization for this project. The data I gathered on these four countries showed The United States, Australia, and Mexico to be very similar on many measures, while Afghanistan stood out noticeably from the others on many issues related to discrimination and poverty.

No comments:

Post a Comment